Saturday, February 15, 2014

Time Flies, But “Bee” Yourself

Good morning everyone!  Marilyn here today to share another journal page for my Basically Bare 6×6 Artful Binder.  This time, I used one of the Watercolor Paper Expansion Pack pages that are available for this system

Time Flies

This front of the page is very simple (remember, journal pages don’t have to be complicated).  I sprayed the background with Art Anthology Timeless Colorations, then stenciled some clocks using Fern Leaf Colorations.  I then stenciled over a few of the clocks with white Texture Magic and sprinkled on some embossing powder.  Finally, I stamped “Time Flies” in Black Soot Distress Ink.

Time Flies Wings

I painted a set of Basically Bare Basic Wings with Art Anthology Figi Velvet and attached them to a clock face.  Simple, but this page reflects my thoughts at that time.

Bee Yourself

For the backside of the page, I first sprayed the Watercolor Paper with Art Anthology Waimea Bay Colorations, then stenciled a couple of large clocks using brown Texture Magic.  The chenille bee is attached to a Basically Bare Gear I painted with Art Anthology Black Jacket Sorbet.  I stamped “Bee Yourself” on a scrap of cardstock and then inked it with Wild Honey & Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.  Since time flies, you have to always “bee” yourself (yep, as cheesy as it is, I used a play-on-words).

Bee Yourself Dress Form

I first painted the Basically Bare Dress Form with Art Anthology Desire Velvet then covered it with black and red eyelash yarn.  I cut the stand off the Dress Form and then working from bottom to top, glued on strands of the eyelash yarn.

I now have another journal page to add to my Basically Bare 6×6 Artful Binder.  These pages are so great!  They can be removed one at a time to work on since they are ring bound, which makes them really easy to spray, paint, stencil, whatever!  You don’t have to worry about overspray getting on your other pages.

So, until later……………remember Time Flies, so Bee Yourself!
Marilyn

Supplies Used:
Artful Binder 6×6 Watercolor Paper Expansion Pack
Basically Bare Gears, Basic Wings, and Dress Forms
Art Anthology TImeless and Fern Leaf Colorations, Figi and Desire Velvets, and Black Jacket Sorbet
TCW Mini Time Travel Stencil
Tim Holtz Clockwork Stencil
Texture Magic
Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment