Tuesday, December 9, 2014

BRRRRR It's Cold Outside

Hello everyone!   Here's a wintry tag I created for this month's Challenge over at Gauche Alchemy. I loved the colors and textures we were given and decided to make something as chilly looking as possible. To accomplish this I decided to stick with shades of blue.

It's Cold Outside Full

I started with an extra large manila tag and painted it with Art Anthology Baby Blue Eyes.  Then I stamped some text across the page using an old Stampers Anonymous stamp I had along with a postmark stamp I found. I then flicked white ink across the page. There is some reflection in the picture because the paint I used has glitter and mica in it, giving it a shimmery effect.

It's Cold Outside Middle

I found an appropriate wintry image in my stash and cut it out using an oval Sizzix die and then circled it with Stampendous Shaved Ice. Using Ice Blue Stickles, I added accents to the lady’s hat and stole.

It's Cold Outside Tag Top

I then used another Sizzix die to cut out snowflakes from some pretty shiny blue paper I had and adhered them randomly across the page. Next I glued down mica fragments from Stampendous’s Encrusted Jewels Technique Kit to the top of the tag.

If you would like to participate in this month's challenge, click http://www.gauchealchemy.com/2014/12/01/decembers-challenge-wintery-mix-mixed-media/.

Until later....................
LiveWriter Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment