Monday, February 1, 2016

Gecko Galz February Customer Challenge

Good morning everyone!  It's February 1st and that means it's time for a new Gecko Galz Customer Challenge.  Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, this month's theme is Hearts & Kisses.  Below is my contribution to the Challenge.



The background is created using a combination of Velvets and Sorbets from Art Anthology.  I use this journal to mop up all my excess paints when working on a project and in the process get some wonderful backgrounds.

First I stenciled three large hearts and six smaller onces using the Tim Holtz Hearts Stencil,  Next I cut out three images from the Jewel It Romance Collage Sheet and glued them to my page with my Xyron.  I cut up and applied some pearls appliques that I had in my stash and then randomly added black and white dots.  The images are outlined in pink and then again outlined in black to frame them.  "Love" is a wood die cut from Melissa Francis that I painted with Cotton Candy Velvet and then went over with a pink alcohol marker.  Finally, I decided that the white applique pieces were too light and I colored them with a pink alcohol maker.

You can find the collage sheet I used as well as many others in the Gecko Galz Etsy Store.

And that's it!  Have a wonderful February.

Until later....................



Marilyn

2 comments: